The Rider of the White Horse, sometimes titled Rider on a White Horse, is a novel for adults published in 1959 by Hodder & Stoughton. It follows Parliamentarian general Sir Thomas Fairfax and his wife Anne through the early phase of the English Civil War in the north.
The Rider of the White Horse covers the outbreak of the First English Civil War in 1642 to the Battle of Marston Moor in 1644.
- Anne (de Vere), Lady Fairfax
- Sir Thomas Fairfax
- Charles Stuart, Charles I of England
Publication history Edit
- Hodder & Stoughton, 1959, 1967, 1971, 1981.
- Penguin: Harmondsworth, 1959, 1964. Abridged.
- Methuen, 1980.
- Endeavour Press, 2014. E-book.
- Japanese: Hakuba no kishi : Ai to tatakai no igirisu kakumei. jō. Hara Shobō, 2008.